The Harping Owl

Credits: Pixabay

I met an owl
Perched, mute, afoul.
Her stare, my going further, no,
Plume combed and chic, though
cold the night;
Her eyes flamed, alight
Talons clung on dear wood
Startled was her mood.

I watched the owl,
Flat-faced, homely, prowl
Swooped down the bore,
of its tree store;
Gorged out a mole’s heart, too;
Blood-bathed the trunks, though twice
as big as her, yielded to
The fatal duel, with feeble paw fights.

The mirror says, ‘Behold, a flake!’
Sifting through scripts in the receding
moonlight. Framed with geek eyeglasses, a’ fake,
dreaming.
Where, an owl flapped at his window,
Like conjured up witches from limbo.
Demurely, I looked at the owl
From the swarthiness of her psyche, saw a soul
inside
Fiery that it frightened; deep, wise, wide,
Yearning to hoot the night away
Nature bid a tame messenger stay
Harping clear intuitive words
woven into silent chords
‘You must be one of us, easy, make no fuss.’
Till it dawned on us.

Comments

  1. I tell you when I read this so many meanings and perceptions come my way you have no idea! But hey, pat yourself on the back. A good writer is just that, not too predictable and all. Keep up man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting to know what 'meanings and perceptions' crossed your mind as you read me, Niel. Asante sana. #Wayup #glo_up

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Wait

Under the log-bridge.